Parade Walker Information
DEADLINE to APPLY:
Noon on July 20, 2018
Parade date and time: July 28th, 2018 We will meet no later than 9:00 a.m. at the parade staging area to prep and give instructions.
Requirements: You must be able to carry a parade pole and wear a balloon backpack for the duration of the parade. The parade poles are not heavy but they are large.
A select few adults without children will be chosen to wear our balloon costumes. They will be flamingo type bird costumes like the ones shown in the video below.
You cannot leave the parade in the middle of the route. There is no one to take your place.
Please see the video posted at the end of this page to get an idea of what a Parade Pole and Balloon Back Pack look like.
parade walker information
Enthusiastic people who love FUN are invited to join us for this unique and exciting opportunity to participate in something that has not ever been seen in Ferndale!
We need 35-55 walkers for the Ferndale Old Settlers Parade on Saturday, July 28, 2018. The more walkers we have the more SPECTACULAR and AMAZING the parade entry.
We did a trial run at the Lynden Farmers Day Parade in June. It was much more low key than what we are planning for Ferndale. Even with the low key nature of the entry, people LOVED the balloons. We partnered with Cascade Connections for the parade and the entry won an award. It also received a lot of attention from other businesses and community members.
For the Ferndale parade we will have amazing over-the-top balloon back packs, parade poles, and even some balloon COSTUMES!
College Students, High School Sudents, Moms, Dads, etc. Welcome
Groups/Clubs (No political groups please) Welcome
Gymnastics group, dance group, martial arts group, etc.
If would like to participate in this unique and exciting event, email us at Sharon@CelebrationsBalloonCompany.com
Parade participation requirements:
- ENTHUSIASM and SMILES are a MUST!
- WHEELCHAIRS WELCOME!
- Walkers must be 10 years and older to participate for safety reasons. Children under 10 considered on a case by case basis. Maturity and the ability to follow directions for the duration of the parade a must.
- Walkers must be able to carry the parade poles for the entirety of the parade.
- Minors must be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
- Older minors must have a parent sign a hold harmless waiver and permission slip.
- Walker must wear a plain t-shirt/shirt. It must be in new condition and not have holes or stains. No writing, logos, pictures, etc.
- We will be walking rain or shine
- All participant must sign a hold harmless waiver.
- Volunteers are needed to help inflate the balloons. Please let us know if you are interested in helping (parade participants only)
We hope you will join us for this fun and exciting event!
See what some of our colleagues did in Chicago. This is year 5 for them. It just gets better and better.
Let's start this year and make it a Ferndale tradition!